Feed: Keywords:

Headlines


Overnight Markets and NewsDec S&P 500 E-minis (ESZ18 -0.28%) are down -0.3% this morning on continued US/Chinese tensions and reports that UK Prime Minister May is planning to postpone Tuesday's Parliament Brexit vote. Asian stocks sold off sh... (full story)


Former U.S. Agriculture Secretary Bob Bergland, a farmer from northern Minnesota who was tasked with selling President Jimmy Carter's unpopular Soviet Union grain embargo to other farmers, died Sunday. (full story)


Monday Morning Playbook (full story)


A new farm program is setting the bar with how to treat employees on the farm. Betsy Jibben shows us how the National Milk Producers Federation is raising the bar nationwide at the Moo Riah Dairy in Melba, Idaho. (full story)


As we are watching the US and global markets rotate dramatically lower over the past few days, we have been advising our members that we believe this rotation is an over-reaction to economic impetuses and trade issues not a massive downside price break. (full story)


What to expect from this weeks grain and livestock trade. (full story)


EURUSD continues to face further recovery higher. Support lies at the 1.1350 where a violation will aim at the 1.1300 level. (full story)


EURGBP faces further recovery threats following its higher close the past week. (full story)


Downtrend Off August High Technically Ends (full story)


Draft policy for global use appears weaker than U.S. regime. (full story)


Corn (ZC) edged higher yesterday, closing the week at triangle resistance (on the daily chart). Significantly, ZC has decisively broken above a downtrend/descending wedge resistance (on the weekly chart) connecting the June and November highs, and is fast approaching the October and November highs. (full story)


The soy has had a nice rally. It is important to realize that this is a historically high price given the stocks to usage. he market has dialed in the fact that China will start purchases again of US beans. However, what if this does not transpire?... (full story)


In this week’s AgFax Weekend – Old Tax Strategies | Fertilizer Prices Climb | and more. (full story)


Expect continued Dec selling. (full story)


The Trend Trader helps to identify the current trend status of your favorite futures markets. It not only helps us to stay on the right side of market direction, but also helps us avoid those without a trend. You can even use the grid as a spread matrix too - buying strength and selling weakness.... (full story)


The great fundamental that wreaks havoc on any market did just that to the cotton market all week. That ole market adage, “when you go to bed with the government […] (full story)


On December 1, 2018, the University of Nebraska Press released a book I have spent the last few years writing, The Fault Lines of Farm Policy: A Legislative and Political […] (full story)


It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas, and Dr. Heather Kelly is sharing the gift of free screenings for soil borne pathogens. It’s a great value, and it’s not […] (full story)


The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the communications components company Vocera Communications (VCRA). I found the stock by using Barchart to screen for stocks having a Weighted Alpha of 50+ or more and technical buy signals over 80%. Today o... (full story)


his is the 77th anniversary of the Japanese sneak attack against Pearl Harbor in Hawaii. US military facilities were caught in peace time mode and suffered some heavy losses. The US of course rebuilt and expanded its capabilities and won the war... (full story)


Crop consultant Earl Garber, of Basile, Louisiana, was honored with the Rice Industry Award at the USA Rice Outlook Conference Dec. 6. Garber has farmed rice and sweet potatoes, worked […] (full story)


Fiber Quality results for the 2018 NC On-Farm Cotton Variety Evaluation Program are now in. In addition to yield, fiber quality is an important component to the value and marketability […] (full story)


Sales Best Expectations (full story)


Our 2018 Tennessee Soybean Variety Trials report is nearly complete! Results for yield and agronomic traits are now available. (full story)


Corn research at the Mason Technology Center in 2018 focused on nitrogen fertilizer rates, end-of-season stalk nitrate-nitrogen (N) and drone imaging. The trial was planted on May 29, 2018, in […] (full story)


Back to normal ? (full story)


With this year’s harvest of soybeans delayed beyond what is considered an ideal window of time, the opportunity for diseases to infect seed pods and in some instances, to the […] (full story)


The Bear Is Back (full story)


In this week’s Boots in the Field Report, Farm Journal Field Agronomist Ken Ferrie discusses how Iowa and Ohio farmers are pushing to finish up their corn and soybean harvest. (full story)


Peanut prices received by farmers for all farmer stock peanuts averaged 19.7 cents per pound for the week ending December 1, down 2.2 cents from the previous week. Marketings of […] (full story)


Sulfur (S) deficiency is becoming more common in Indiana crops because S emissions from coal-fired power plants have decreased over the past few decades and, thus, so has atmospheric S […] (full story)


A new rule published by the USDA will allow more flexibility for school nutrition standards for milk, whole grains and sodium. (full story)


Well, that escalated quickly. (full story)


A state program aimed at teaching farmers and other pesticide applicators how to properly apply pesticides continues to limit pesticide drift in Georgia. The educational training system, called “Using Pesticides […] (full story)


Spot quotations averaged 164 points higher than the previous week, according to the USDA, Agricultural Marketing Service’s Cotton and Tobacco Program. Quotations for the base quality of cotton (color 41, […] (full story)


Fact: 90% of family farms will fail before they reach the third generation. Beat these odds with good planning and preparation, farmers can become part of the coveted 10% who stick together. (full story)


The March cotton futures tend to close the year strongly. We expect this market to movehigher from here through year-end based on the growing commercial trader position and seasonal strength, which should create a bit of a saucer base and bottom. (full story)


Actionable ideas for ES, NQ, Crude, Gold, Dollar, ZB and much more. (full story)


It is only the 2nd silver suggestion since April! (full story)


We are almost at the extreme below the mean for the E-mini S&P, which is a very good indication that prices or the volatility is beginning to increase. E-mini closes above 2,650, above 2,668, and above 2,571, would confirm that all three trends (daily, weekly and monthly) have bottomed - an... (full story)


Looks to move higher (full story)


Looks cheap (full story)


British investors are "taking profits early" to leverage gold for this reason. Read on to find out what it is. (full story)


T-Bonds have fooled traders. This past September there was talk about whether or not 3.25-3.5 percent 10-year note yields. This week they fell back to 2.85% Bonds rallies along with 10-years. The PriceCount's highest probability, when a pattern in activated, which was the case here it to... (full story)


So, it would appear that we are back to a waiting game. It is not that we have really ever left it and in fact have been in a large semi-directionless period for the past four years but of course the most immediate focus has shifted to the U.S./Chinese truce and the uncertainty as to if that will... (full story)


Fed to pause...... (full story)


Could the top be in? (full story)


Bulls have good upside momentum amid price uptrend. More gains liklely in near term. (full story)


It has been a horrible year! (full story)